Need to increase business? Looking for new ideas? Don’t want to reinvent the wheel? Interested in being in the same room as people who may be experiencing the same things as you? One of the best ways to build a successful business, or grow a current one, is to network and attend local networking sessions. An hour of time could be the ROI you are looking for.
5 REASONS TO NETWORK (AND ATTEND BUSINESS AFTER HOURS!)
1) Connect with other business owners in the community. Would you normally meet these people in your daily routine? Probably not. Connecting can lead to new business leads. Some contacts can refer you to other contacts. It also gives you the chance to be in the same room as others in similar industries that might be experiencing the same difficulties as you. It is good to be reminded that you are not alone.
2) Word-of-Mouth Recommendations. This is an essential reason for networking! The more people you know what you do, the more recommendations you will get. Successful businesses are built on referrals and good public relations.
3) Gain new ideas. Obtain excellent advice from people. Your dialog may inspire your new contact to come up with a solution that you haven’t thought of. Best of all it didn’t cost you a thing! Win-win right?
4) Promote your business. Not only can you learn from others, but your attendance in networking events such as Business After Hours is a great way to get your business in front of others. Again, all it costs you is your time at the meeting. And you may end up gaining additional business in the process!
5) Make great business relationships. Sharing ideas with each other and your enthusiasm with others like you creates strong business relationships. They, in turn, are very powerful forces in building your network! If you could learn one new strategy, gain a new business client, just by attending Business After Hours, is there any reason you wouldn’t attend? Of course networking is one piece of the business pie, but not networking sells yourself short and possibly not gain new insight, or new customers/clients. It's too valuable of a business strategy to not do so.
You know what the great news is? Here at the Knoxville Chamber of Commerce, we host a Business After Hour once per quarter providing you opportunity for all of these things! Check out details on our upcoming Business After Hours.